Head of Circulation and InterLibrary Loan
Anyone possessing a valid Elms College ID card, Cooperating Colleges of Greater Springfield ID card, or a C/WMARS patron 18 years or older may borrow circulating materials from Alumnae Library.
Any person who has outstanding library bills may be denied borrowing privileges.
Borrowers are responsible for all items charged out on their cards and are responsible for notifying the library of any changes in their mailing address and phone listing.
|Books||28 days||renewable once|
|Federal Document publications||28 days||renewable once|
|Curriculum materials||28 days||renewable once|
|A-V materials||7 days||non-renewable|
|Federal and state law collections, journals, newspapers, and reference books do NOT circulate|
1. The renewal transaction can be done in person or online via the library website.
2. Borrowers wishing to renew in person should bring materials they wish to renew to the Circulation desk. Items must be renewed at least 15 minutes prior to the closing of the library.
3. Borrowers wishing to renew online should go to the online catalog located on library home page, and click on the link labeled "Log into My Account." The borrower should then type in his/her name, library barcode number, and Personal Identification Number (PIN). Borrowers who access their records online the first time will be prompted to choose a PIN. The PIN can contain numbers, lowercase letters, or a combination of both, and it should not exceed 40 characters. Borrowers who forget their PIN should go to the Circulation Desk for assistance. The staff member will ask for a positive form of identification before resetting anyone's PIN.
4. Borrowers may use the link labeled "Your Library Account" to review materials checked out from all libraries that are full members of C/W MARS, outstanding holds on library materials, and any fines owed.
5. To renew by telephone, a borrower should call 413-265-2280 or dial extension 2280, during library hours. The borrower should make sure that he/she talks to a library staff member, rather than leave a voice mail message. When calling to renew, a borrower should be ready to provide his/her library barcode number, the title of the item, and the barcode for each item to be renewed.
6. Reserve materials are NON-RENEWABLE.
7. Borrowers wishing to renew media should contact the Head of the Circulation Department.
8. Borrowers wishing to renew InterLibrary Loan materials should contact Holly Stevens at 413-265-2280 or extension 2280.
Items that are checked out may be recalled by a faculty member for academic use. Item(s) must be returned directly to a staff member at the Circulation Desk by the recall due date. A fine of $5.00 per day is charged for overdue recalls.
The fine for an overdue book is $ .10 per day, for audio/visual items is $1.00 per day, and for reserve materials is $5.00 per day. The fine for overdue recalled items is $5.00 per day.
An item four weeks overdue will be considered lost. Bills for lost items are calculated on the replacement cost plus a processing fee. Borrowing privileges may be suspended, and sanctions will be applied by the Registrar until the bill is settled. Refunds will be issued, less processing fee and late charges, if items are returned undamaged within 60 days of the billing date.
We are a Catholic liberal arts college founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Springfield, Massachusetts.